Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another Day, Another Problem

Thankfully the last two weeks have been a breeze when it comes to disturbances in my life....That is until today when we've been uprooted by yet another insurance fiasco. I called this morning to have my Prometrium prescription refilled so Josh could go pick it up on his day off. The Customer Service Representative for Kaiser informed me that our insurance had been cancelled as of April 30th. As you may recall last month our Kaiser insurance was cancelled and we had major problems getting it reinstated. I spoke with another Rep who told me that they got rid of the plan we were on and we were supposed to fill out a plan change sheet before April or else or coverage would be terminated on May 1st, which it was. We were never informed of this change, even during all of the conversations we had with "Customer Service" last month. I am livid with these people and this so called service we have received over the past several months. Kaiser seems to be the type that would let their patients die on the street before they would offer up any sort of assistance.

I have 2 more pills to take this evening and then I am out. Any normal human being would understand that a pregnant woman who needs a hormone supplement is going to freak out when she learns that she will no longer be able to take the much needed medication because of this screw up. The only assvice the "Customer Service Rep" could offer is for me to go to the local Health Department and file for Medicaid. Yes, Medicaid. Allegedly we have been covered under BCBS since March 26th through Josh's place of employment, although we do not have insurance cards and are not yet in BCBS's database. After an hour or so of screaming and crying and acting like a totally hysterical hormonal pregnant lady that I am, I decided to call the doctor's office that I would be returning to once I had my insurance card. Thankfully they truly do have a Customer Service Department and I got the assistance that I so desperately needed. They called me in a 2 week prescription for Prometrium and scheduled an OB work-up appointment for Wednesday May 10th. I am so relieved to finally have help from someone who is willing to give it, not only relieved so entirely grateful...this woman has made my horrible day happy once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home