Monday, January 08, 2007

One Month

Jackson's 1st Christmas


It is hard to believe that it has just been a month since little Jackson came into this world, yet it's ever harder to believe that a whole month has passed us by and I still have not recorded his birth story. Being a mother of 2 under 2 is definitely demanding and extremely difficult at times. I hardly ever get free moments to blog about what is going on in our lives, much less free moments to run the vacuum or wash the dishes! There have been many exhausting and frustrating moments over the past 4 weeks, but they have all been more than worth it.


Jackson has grown so much in the past 2 weeks. His face is beginning to fill out and his little tummy is rounding by the day. His personality has started shining through and the sleepy newborn is starting to slowly fade away. He is extremely needy and wants constant affection. For the first 2 weeks he slept in his bassinet next to our bed (most of the time he was on the bili lights for jaundice) and he slept well. Since the bili lights were taken away he has refused to sleep alone, always wanting to be held. Last night we actually got him to nap on our bed for several hours which was nice. Normally he is in my arms or in the sling passed out. Of course I love giving him affection as often as he wants but it has been hard getting things done around the house. I have adjusted to doing laundry and taking care of Tristyn with a sling around my front side...I feel pregnant all over again!




Luckily Jackson has taken to nursing very well so we have both enjoyed the rewards of that. With Tristyn I tried so hard for the first month of her life to make it work but she just wouldn't allow it. I felt so guilty for letting her down and not being able to do what was best for her, so being able to do it for Jackson has been more than rewarding. I am very proud but thankful that it has worked out so well. As of now he nurses every 3-4 hours, stays alert for a few minutes and then shortly thereafter falls asleep. He sleeps quite often, he doesn't really have long alert periods. He has been quite fussy and difficult the past week but I believe he was having a growth spurt. He was nursing every 1-2 hours and that was physically and emotionally draining. Thank goodness he has stopped doing that for now!




Since the day Jackson was born he has had great control of his head and neck. At times it's unreal to watch him lift his back off of your shoulder and hold it for minutes at a time. Often times he gets fussy when you cradle him like a baby because he wants to be up on your shoulder looking around and observing. He is definitely quite different than my always snugly and never fussy Tristyn was. I guess this is just a precursor to the future! I've already told Josh that we're in for it when Jackson is older. I believe he's going to be relentless because he certainly is when it comes to crying for attention. If you don't hold him he won't quit crying...that's all there is to it.





We are still waiting for him to find his cute little voice. Yesterday morning he coo'ed twice while sitting in his chair in our bathroom while we were getting ready for the day. Josh got to hear him both times but I only did once. I am so anxious for him to start making sounds, other than crying that is!

I plan on posting his birth story this evening if I find a few free moments. I'm waiting on some times that my Mom had written down so I can make sure everything is in order. After I post his birth story I will most likely combine this blog with our family blog to makes things more simple.

My little one has awaken is fussy so I must go for now!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for posting new pics! Jackson has changed so much in a month... it's unbelievable! I absolutely LOVE the pic of him with the Santa hat on! What a cute idea!! That is wonderful that he's nursing so well... every 3-4 hours is awesome! Alexander nurses now every 3 hours like clock-work, even at night. I can't wait until he gives me a 4 or 5 hour stretch at night because I'm exhausted!! I am definitely feeling as tired & irritable as you are!

January 08, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Taylor! I loved the update. I know you have been a busy Momma lately. Jackson is precious! The pics were all great shots. It is amazing how someone so teeny can really keep you on your toes! I hope you are getting your rest. Let us know if we can ever help. We'll take Tristyn for a while too if you need to sleep.

January 08, 2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Kether said...

So funny that you posted this today. This morning I almost commented saying that its been a month and I want pics =)
Its good to hear that the breastfeeding has been going well. Maybe I'll try with number 2.

he's BEAUTIFUL, but I wouldn't expect anything else from such a good looking family.

I cannot believe that two is just around the corner. can you?

January 08, 2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Okay first - LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR!!!! Taylor, he is SOOOOO CUTE!!! I just want to squeeze him. I cannot believe how tiny he is . . . oh, they grow so quickly. I totally understand about not having time to do anything. You know, it will get better. There was one day, a few weeks ago, where I thought "Hey, I am doing it!! I am a mom with 3 kids!" You make such cute babies girl!! I just loved seeing all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated . . . when you get the time! :)

January 09, 2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Taylor - he is BEAUTIFUL. I love the pic of him with Tris. So sweet! :)

Enjoy him! I want a baby to cuddle! LOL :)

January 10, 2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Me said...

He's adorable...and growing so quickly! The pic of him and Tristyn is adorable!

January 10, 2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger Ju said...

You're doing GREAT with the breastfeeding. You make it look so easy! Jackson is looking so much like Josh lately. It's crazy!

January 15, 2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Aw, Jackson is adorable!! I can't believe he is a month old already!! How is Tristyn taking to her little brother.

I totally understand about not having the time anymore. I'm always forgetting to update my blog or read others. It's crazy how much time two babies take up!! :)

January 15, 2007 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home