Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Name Game

Seeing as how we find out the gender of BB in less than a week I have been in a crunch trying to pick out a name. I have searched endlessly to no avail for a name for this child. Nothing seems to fit or flow with our family. A friend had suggested picking out several names and not actually deciding until the birth of the baby. I think this is a wonderful idea, it's just coming up with those few names to choose from! I am sure something will come to us in time, but I am anxious for it to hurry up and make an appearance =)

The pregnancy has been going along without a hitch lately. I am not so tired anymore and the morning sickness is slowly but surely fading away. The whole family is ecstatic about our 3D ultrasound appointment on Tuesday. Josh, his Mom, my Mom and Tristyn are going to the appointment with me. We are planning on showing everyone else the DVD once we return. I still have not come up with a cute way of telling everyone BB's gender. I want to do something special but haven't had any ideas just yet. I am getting extremely nervous about the ultrasound, only because I am so excited. We will finally know for sure if Tristyn will have a sister or brother and to me that is thrilling! Less than a week until we find out ;) On Tuesday I also have my 16 week OB checkup where I could have the AFP test completed. Josh and I have decided not to have it done, we didn't when we were pregnant with Tristyn either. So it should just be a quick in and out appointment to check my weight and BB's heartbeat.

Speaking of BB's heartbeat we rented a fetal doppler so we can listen to it everyday. I rented one during my pregnancy with Tristyn and it was something that Josh and I enjoyed doing together on a daily basis. Now Tristyn gets to join in on the fun of listening. It is always a challenge to find BB's heartbeat, she always runs from us and we have to hunt her down. Tristyn was the total opposite, always trying impress us by being in the exact same place each time. T really enjoys listening, she sits so quietly and stares at the monitor. It makes me wonder if she remembers that sound.

The belly has not had any significant grow spurts lately but is getting bigger everyday. I am sleeping better these days, thankfully. I haven't been craving anything particular just chinese, baked potatoes, and desserts. I still have not gained any weight, I am actually down 12 pounds from my 6 week appointment. I have finally taken some more belly shots...
14 Weeks - Pregnant with Tristyn

15 Weeks - Pregnant with BB

.....until next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home